Coming soon to a movie streaming platform near you!
There are plenty of movies about kìller klowns. But this may very well be the only one about a klown that drives itself so deep into your psyche that it corrupts all that you are and drives you to commit atrocities. A collaborative passion project that I sincerely hope you all can help us bring to life.
"Klowniac, Symphony of Madness" is about a pied piper for the darkness lurking in peoples' hearts. A Lovecraftian-esque inspired horror film, this spirit of chaos finds people who are near their breaking points and provides them an anthem to rage to--removing their inhibitions... and their sanity.
- Sinergy Entertainment is an Ohio based production company and talent agency committed to uplifting our fellow creatives by bringing their stories to life.
- This project is for a local music artist, "Klowniac," whose music and image are featured throughout the film. We are working directly with the artist to further flesh out it's persona, and hopefully provide it the recognition it needs to continue to grow and further pursue its dreams.
- In addition to covering props, costumes, etc., all funding received goes towards paying local actors, writers, and crew for their time. Just like the creative whose story we're trying to tell, each of them has their dreams, which we're trying to give them an opportunity to pursue.
Sinergy Entertainment is committed to providing an entirely collaborative environment for creatives to hone their craft, as such this project is intended to be a love letter from all of us. All rights to the final film will be retained by Klowniac, and we sincerely hope it will provide the boost it deserves.
What We Need & What You Get
Our minimum budget has been factored using ~50% of the industry standard rates for different cast/crew positions:
- Any funding received in excess of our goals will be used to compensate our cast/crew more fairly, as well as potentially extend the final film.
- All supporters will be thanked in the credits, regardless of the amount they contribute. Those willing/able to to provide substantial funding will also be provided a number of optional perks to show our appreciation.
This project represents the first of many crowdfunded/grant supported films we intend to produce.
- Assuming it goes well, we intend to open a section on our website for all creatives to pitch their ideas—no matter the genre.
- Regardless of success, we hope to continue to add to our growing list of talented individuals on our website, and further unite the film communities in our area with this piece.
Risks and challenges
In the event we cannot reach our goal, we still intend to produce the film... however, the financial burden of doing so (missed work days, travel, food, etc.) may be absorbed by all of us:
- We're hoping to provide cohesive costumes/makeup for everyone involved, but we will find a way to work with what we have if we must.
- We're hoping to be able to record several takes of each scene to ensure the best possible performance is caught, but if we need to cut down our time spent doing so we will.
- We have a handful of scenes we feel could further flesh out the story while giving more actors the opportunity for meaningful screen time, but these can be cut if needed.
Other ways to help
If you want to be involved with this community project, there are always other ways to do so than financial contributions:
- Many of our scenes will need additional extras to help fill them out. If you would like to be involved simply reach out to us with a headshot and we'll send you a list of shoot dates you may be able to assist with.
- If you have experience with makeup, prop making, etc. and would like to donate time/supplies, doing so would greatly help us stretch our budget even further.
- Even if you are unable to assist with any of the above, simply sharing our campaign and helping us raise awareness can be just as helpful.
On behalf of Buckeyewood Entertainment, Haunted Wonderland Productions, GLOvation circus, Klowniac, RKR Films, and Sinergy Entertainment: **THANK** YOU for at least taking the time to consider helping us help our creatives fulfill their dreams!